MATMED Lab New : November 2017- March 2018
- Firstly, Pan lab would like to congratulate our senior graduate students, Enrique, Aaron and Fatemeh for passing their prelims!!!!
- We would like to congratulate Parinaz for getting 2nd place at MRL Fall Biological Conference where she presented her work on stents.
- Furthermore, Parinaz’s TEM images of “Nanoflowers” and “Nanosquid” were chosen as the runner’s up for JOEL 2017 Imaging competition. Kudos!
- Fatemeh’s image of a 2-D aquarium comprising HfS2 nanosheets got featured in CE&N magazine. It was also highlighted on the Bioengineering department website. You can read more about 2-D aquarium here. Link. Congratulations Fatemeh!
- Graduate students, Fatemeh and Parinaz presented their work at AIChE conference held at Illinois Institue of Technology, Chicago. Fatemeh gave an oral talk and chaired one of the session, whereas Parinaz gave 3 oral talks! (wow!)
- Ph.D. candidate, Indrajit got awarded the Spring 2018 Graduate College Travel award for his talk at 255th American Chemical Society at New Orleans, LA.
- Recently, Indrajit, Santosh, and Indu gave oral talks at the 255th American Chemical Society meetings held at New Orleans, LA. Indrajit was also selected to present his poster at Sci-Mix. (Scientific Mixer!)
- Fatemeh and Parinaz will be giving oral talks at the MRS spring conference to held in Pheonix, AZ. Furthermore, their images have been selected for the final rounds of MRS Science as Art contest. Good luck!