MATMED Lab News: Fall 2018
- We would first like to congratulate Prof. Pan on becoming the Associate Head of Graduate Programs, Department of Bioengineering. Prof. Pan was also elected to be the Associate Editor for WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology (Wiley).
- We will like to congratulate Aaron who in December successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis, and is on his way to MD Anderson Cancer Center for his postdoctoral work. Good luck, Aaron.
- Recently, some of the research works published by Pan Lab got media attention and was highlighted on the University website, but also on Science daily and Nanowerk. Michael and Santosh’s work titled as ‘Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Globular Orphan Nuclear Receptor Regulator with Biological Activity in Soft Tissue Sarcoma’ which got published in Journal of Medicinal Chemistry was highlighted on the University website.
From left: Fatemeh (Youkabed) Ostadhossein, graduate student tin bioengineering; and Dipanjan Pan, professor of bioengineering
- Indu’s paper titled ‘Biodegradable nano carbon-based smart filters for efficient remediation of pharmaceutical contaminants’ which got accepted in Journal of Materials Chemistry A got highlighted onto the Daily Illini.
- Youkabed’s work titled ‘Dual purpose hafnium oxide nanoparticles offer imaging Streptococcus mutans dental biofilm and fight it In vivo via a drug-free approach’ which was published in Biomaterials, got highlighted on Science daily, Nanowerk.
She was also selected as a winner in the FASEB BioArt competition for 3D-printed heart image she captured: