MATMED Lab News: Jan-March 19
- Santosh, Ketan and Aaron’s paper titled “ In situ plasmonic generation in a functional ionic-gold-nanogel scaffold for rapid quantitative bio-sensing which was published in Biosensors and Bioelectronics got highlighted on Illinois News Bureau. Here is the link for the article: https://news.illinois.edu/view/6367/689049#image-1
- Ph.D. student, Indrajit will be giving 4 oral talks at the American Chemical Society National Meetings in Orlando, FL which will be held from 31st March to 4th April.
MATMED Lab News: Fall 2018
- We would first like to congratulate Prof. Pan on becoming the Associate Head of Graduate Programs, Department of Bioengineering. Prof. Pan was also elected to be the Associate Editor for WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology (Wiley).
- We will like to congratulate Aaron who in December successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis, and is on his way to MD Anderson Cancer Center for his postdoctoral work. Good luck, Aaron.
- Recently, some of the research works published by Pan Lab got media attention and was highlighted on the University website, but also on Science daily and Nanowerk. Michael and Santosh’s work titled as ‘Design, Synthesis, and Characterization of Globular Orphan Nuclear Receptor Regulator with Biological Activity in Soft Tissue Sarcoma’ which got published in Journal of Medicinal Chemistry was highlighted on the University website.
From left: Fatemeh (Youkabed) Ostadhossein, graduate student tin bioengineering; and Dipanjan Pan, professor of bioengineering
- Indu’s paper titled ‘Biodegradable nano carbon-based smart filters for efficient remediation of pharmaceutical contaminants’ which got accepted in Journal of Materials Chemistry A got highlighted onto the Daily Illini.
- Youkabed’s work titled ‘Dual purpose hafnium oxide nanoparticles offer imaging Streptococcus mutans dental biofilm and fight it In vivo via a drug-free approach’ which was published in Biomaterials, got highlighted on Science daily, Nanowerk.
She was also selected as a winner in the FASEB BioArt competition for 3D-printed heart image she captured:
MATMED LAB NEWS : Spring 2017
Santosh was awarded the best poster award in MRS Fall Meeting in Boston, MA. First year PhD student, Parinaz Fathi was awarded the National Physical Science Consortium Fellowship. Furthermore, she was also awarded the 2017 Teaching Excellence Fellowship, by the Bioengineering department. Kudos!